A big shout out to Josh over at CNA Finance for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award! It is always cool to be recognized by your peers, especially when you are an up-and-comer with very little experience in the blogging world. This award is designed to help out the newcomers like myself to place a footprint in the blogging world by giving you, the readers, a little bit about me. It also helps by connecting us to different bloggers around the web. Although, not actually an award, per se, it is still a cool idea that helps keep everyone in the blogosphere connected.
Rules For The Liebster Award
- Only up-and-coming Blogs with less than 200 Twitter followers can be nominated for the Liebster Award.
- The award must be passed down to other blogs in the same category as your blog.
- When nominated, you must post 11 random facts about yourself
- After writing 11 random facts, answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award, link to them, and let them know you nominated them by commenting on one of their posts.
- Do not nominate the person who nominated you.
Pretty simple rules to receive this super-awesome award, right? Now lets get to the facts.
11 Random Facts About Me…
- I’ve attended a total of 11 different schools from kindergarden all the way to grad school.
- I am named after the 40th President of the United States.
- I HATED running in high school.
- I LOVED basketball in high school.
- I performed my wedding first dance on national television. Here’s a link.
- I cannot grow a beard, or a mustache.
- I used to have my labret pierced.
- I’ll try any food once.
- I once ate a snail. A garden snail. From my friend’s garden.
- I have never had surgery, even though I work in the operating room everyday.
- My wife describes my right ear as a “satellite ear.”
11 Questions From CNA Finance
- What is your favorite color? -Red
- If you had 10 minutes of unlimited available funds, how would you spend those 10 minutes. -I would pay off all my debt
- Do you have children? -I have 2 beautiful Girls
- How long have you been blogging? -I have been blogging for a little over a year now.
- Have you ever been sky diving? -Before having kids, I wanted to go sky diving. Now that I have 2 kids, I don’t have any inclination to jump out of a plane unless it is crashing to the ground!
- Have you ever been to Oregon? -I have been to Oregon. I traveled up the Gold Coast and visited a friend in Portland. It’s a beautiful state! I would love to visit it again with my family.
- Would you rather go on a 6 mile hike or go to the movies? -I would rather go on a 6 mile hike.
- Do you play pool? -Not anymore. I used to play in college. I wasn’t that great at it.
- What is your favorite part of owning a finance based blog? -I like the accountability it holds regarding sticking to my budget and paying down my debt. Also, I like connecting to other finance bloggers and hearing their stories.
- What did you do the day you had the most fun you can remember in a long time? -Taking my kids to Disneyland.
- Is this the first time you’ve heard of the Leibster Award? It was mine! -Mine too!
11 Questions For My Nominees…
- When did you start blogging?
- What would be your ultimate vacation?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- If you were in a circus, who would you be and why: The Ringmaster, Trapeze Artist, or Clown?
- What is one project your are currently working on?
- If you can only listen to one album, what would it be?
- What is the farthest distance you have ever ran in one day?
- What is your favorite type of cuisine?
- If you can be anyone in history for one day, who would you be?
- What is your fondest childhood memory?
- What would you accomplish if you knew you could not fail?
Here are my 5 nominees for the Liebster Award. These blogs are some that I have come across and find their stories interesting. Do not forget to stop by their blogs and show them some support!